Since going GF, there are three foods that I have missed tremendously: pizza, bread, and Kraft macaroni and cheese. I'm still working on the first two, but I discovered yesterday that the Kroger on NC-54 is now carrying Annie's GF Macaroni and Cheese! It's not quite the same; it doesn't have that traditional neon-orange color and the sauce is a little but runny, but it's close enough. Of course, it's about $3 a box (that's $2 more than the traditional wheat version), but that's no suprise.
Also, a note on Kraft. I read on their website that if any Kraft product includes an ingredient with wheat, barley, rye or oats, it will actually say "wheat," "barley," "rye," or "oats" in the ingredients, even if in parentheses. This makes label reading so much easier on these products, since you don't have to guess what might be in various unpronounceable ingredients.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment